June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (buckstix, Wild Skies, GETTEMANS, Jeremy Pearce, Lloyd3), 226 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,515
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Clive Bundy may think of himself as a folk hero, but he is merely the perfect example of the welfare recipient he holds in such contempt. The fees he is required to pay to graze BLM land are a small fraction of of the value received. Even if he had paid all along, his operation was being subsidized by all tax paying citizens of this country. His posture as a rugged, self- sufficient pioneer is a sorry myth. The publically owned land he treats as if it belongs to him alone is actually the glory of outdoor recreation throughout the West. Anyone who hikes or camps or fishes or hunts and who doesn't have access to his own private Idaho, knows the priceless heritage that BLM and USFS lands represent.

So if Clive Bundy and all of the ranchers who paid grazing fees for generations are nothing more than Welfare Bums who are being subsidized by the taxpayers... does this also mean that hunters, campers, and fishermen who freely use these same lands without paying anything at all are even worse? I don't think Clive Bundy had contempt for the Welfare recipients as much as he did for the vast government expenditures that did nothing but make generations of Liberal Democrat Plantation dependants even worse off than they were before the Great Society farce.

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
As for sage grouse, I know their declining rapidly in Wyoming where the gas industry cuts up habitat with roads,and builds structures that permit hawks and eagles to prey on them more easily.

And I guess we now know why the pheasant and grouse populations have been in decline here in Pennsylvania for over 30 years... they must have known the Marcellus Shale boom was coming long before anyone else. Or... maybe it had something to do with game management like permitting the harvest of hens, and the protection of raptors which were previously hunted and even had a bounty paid for their elimination. It all depends upon whether your perceptions are clouded by Liberal dogma.

I know a number of people who believe in Global Warming propaganda, and believe that the use of fossil fuels will destroy the planet. I don't know even one who has personally stopped using fossil fuels or has put forth any effort to get the biggest CO2 offender, China, to stop polluting. Remember, the first Earth Day was on Lenin's 100th birthday.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,

your right that chart is a bit dated,sorry here are some more up to date ones,note China's demand continues to be very strong;

"China: the centre of the coal world

Coal demand grew by 170 megatonnes around the world in 2012, according to the report, or 2.3 per cent of annual consumption. China accounted for 97 per cent of that increase.

China is now importing roughly as much seaborne coal as the rest of the world combined - and its coal consumption is expected to grow by another 17 per cent over the next five years. Overall, China alone will account for half the expected growth in coal demand to 2018, as this chart shows:

Coal use in Europe was up but for now remains flat not down.

Who's exporting where Coal is largely a domestic energy source, according to the IEA. Less than 17 per cent of global demand is traded internationally, with the rest being produced at home. But the amount of coal that's traded around the world is increasing - it's doubled in the last five years. Over the next five years, the IEA predicts that it will increase even more, and that more coal will be imported from west to east:

Last edited by Dave K; 04/28/14 05:28 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's not forget that Liberal Democrat Bill Clinton locked up over a Trillion Dollars of low sulfur/ low ash coal deposits in Utah when he fired his shot in the war on coal. Of course, we should ignore the political payoff to the Lippo Group and the Riady family which funneled millions of dollars into his re-election campaign.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/lippo.htm

Energy costs here in the U.S. rose, and China prospered. This is the same guy who allowed the Chinese access to our advanced missile guidance technology. Our Libtards will have problems connecting the dots, and will no doubt continue to vote for anti-gun Liberal Democrats. Feelings matter. Facts do not.

Wait... mustn't call them Libtards... not civil. And we should just forget that they routinely call us racists, bigots, misogynists, homophobes, and everything but white English gentlemen. And they conveniently ignore things like this:

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/20-great-moments-in-liberal-bigotry

Let's just lie to ourselves, and call them pro-gun Rocket Scientists, so everyone feels all warm and fuzzy as we hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

On the other hand, this ain't a damn T-ball game where there are no losers. And these are supposedly grown men who fall for bullshit, disseminate bullshit, and drink the Hope and Change Kool-Aid.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave thanks for those graphs and graphics - great information. And I want you to know I wasn't criticizing or complaining about the one from 2008.

Keith as I understand it Bundy hasn't paid his grazing fees to the BLM in decades. He used to pay grazing fees to the BLM and he quit. He lost in court. It appears to me to be a matter of a landlord evicting a tenant for non-payment of rent.

Remember how the liberal media made fun of Dan Quayle for misspelling "Potato"? And they lampooned the younger George Bush all the time. But Obama's "all fifty-seven state" tour hasn't been brought up in several years. It was initially reported by the liberal media but they quickly dropped it. Had Romney or McCain made that remark MSNBC would still be playing the video. Yep, they have one standard for conservatives and another for liberals.

I believe being civil in a civil conversation wins friends and influences people. Dale Carnegie agrees with me. I try to be civil in a civil discussion. I try not to rise to the bait when baited. Don't always live up to my ideals but I really try.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/28/14 09:57 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, I know Clive Bundy hadn't paid his grazing fees to the BLM for years. That disagreement is what led to this confrontation where the BLM used excessive force and likely spent more on that enforcement than Mr. Bundy owed.

The point I was making is that Rocky Mtn. Bill seemed to think that ranchers who pay those fees to graze cattle are taking more than they give and are no better than Welfare Bums. He also never makes the connection between affordable and abundant food, and historical access to grazing on government land. Yet when Rocky Mtn. Bill uses those same government lands while paying zero fees... and takes fish and game and recreational pleasure without compensating the rest of us taxpayers... he feels somehow justified and entitled.

I also try to be civil when appropriate Mike. I don't think there has ever been an uncivil word between us, even when we've disagreed. However, I draw the line where certain folks intentionally and repeatedly lie, and where they hurl thinly veiled insults in the third person, under the guise of faux civility. An attack does not have to be ad hominum in order for it to be uncivil. This goes double for anyone who attacks my Second Amendment and other Constitutional Rights. And there will never be any semblence of civility on my part for any slimy piece of shit like nca225, who attacked my daughters here last year. Nobody gets away with that, and the passage of time doesn't make it all better. We Conservatives are relentlessly and ruthlessly attacked every day, and we are painted with broad and inaccurate brushes in order to advance the Progressive Liberal agenda. Playing nice simply guarantees a slow death by attrition. My opinion... if liars don't like being called liars, maybe they ought to quit telling lies. But don't expect me to pretend it didn't happen just to spare the feelings of grown men who act as if their panties are all bunched up. Fighting by the Marquis of Queensbury Rules when you're involved in a street fight may be admirable to Dale Carnegie and other onlookers, but it will likely mean you will lose when all is said and done.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim that is a great article. Thank you.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very interesting article Jim. Once again, we see something nefarious being done to the taxpaying public, and cloaked behind a fake, manufactured environmental "crisis".

Judge Pirro could have pretended to be civil and called Harry Reid "Senator". Instead, she accurately now calls him "Dirty Harry", and calls attention to his lies, suspicious wealth accumulation, and dirty dealings with Chinese associates. The Progressives who advance these sneaky schemes would like nothing more than to hide comfortably behind a "civil" discussion which is soon swept under the rug.

I wonder how much hunting and fishing will be permitted to outdoorsmen who have land stolen from the public and transferred to Chinese businessmen for the personal enrichment of Harry Reid and his family? I wonder how a lame and civil discussion illuminates all this and gets him removed from office?

I wonder where our resident Libtards are when this kind of news surfaces?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I posted this on a page earlier in the thread but it help shows what a crook dirty Harry really is.

"How did Harry Reid get rich
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/314025/how-did-harry-reid-get-rich-betsy-woodruff

In 2004, the senator made $700,000 off a land deal that was, to say the least, unorthodox. It started in 1998 when he bought a parcel of land with attorney Jay Brown, a close friend whose name has surfaced multiple times in organized-crime investigations and whom one retired FBI agent described as “always a person of interest.” Three years after the purchase, Reid transferred his portion of the property to Patrick Lane LLC, a holding company Brown controlled. But Reid kept putting the property on his financial disclosures, and when the company sold it in 2004, he profited from the deal — a deal on land that he didn’t technically own and that had nearly tripled in value in six years.

Here’s another example: The Los Angeles Times reported in November 2006 that when Reid became Senate majority leader he committed to making earmark reform a priority, saying he’d work to keep congressmen from using federal dollars for pet projects in their districts. It was a good idea but an odd one for the senator to espouse. He had managed to get $18 million set aside to build a bridge across the Colorado River between Laughlin, Nev., and Bullhead City, Ariz., a project that wasn’t a priority for either state’s transportation agency. His ownership of 160 acres of land nearby that stood to appreciate considerably from the project had nothing to do with the decision, according to one of his aides. The property’s value has varied since then. On his financial-disclosure forms from 2006, it was valued at $250,000 to $500,000. Open Secrets now lists it as his most valuable asset, worth $1 million to $5 million as of 2010.

How Reid acquired that land is interesting, too. He put $10,000 into a pension fund his friend Clair Haycock controlled, to take over the 160-acre parcel at a price far below its assessed value. Six months later, Reid introduced legislation that would help Haycock’s industry, a move many observers said appeared to be a quid pro quo, though Reid and Haycock denied that the legislation was the result of a property deal.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

When Judge Pirro gets into a discussion with Harry Reid I invite her to call him "Dirty Harry".

But having civil discussions with other members of this board is both productive and pleasant. I don't imagine that there is anyone on the planet that I agree with on everything. So if I don't agreeably disagree then I find myself in constant disagreeable discussions.

And calling other members names here stifles conversation and debate and devolves into either a name calling contest or just us conservatives talking among ourselves. And I find it boring reaffirming each other's statements and arguments without a counter argument from those that disagree with us. We might even get better at making our arguments and more effective at persuasion if we actually sparred with the liberals here for practice.

I am glad to be here.
Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.