June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 458 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,612
Posts546,976
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kirby is first class all the way

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kirby stuck it to me a couple years back. I don't look at his guns anymore.

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Read between the lines. SS comes to you and offers to do a feature layout on you. You need to buy X#$,Ł,€ orĄ on ads with them. You get a lot of exposure for your ads plus feature article but you deplete your ad budget for a few months. It was smart business to do the article. He'll be back.

Kirby's been running ads in SSM on a regular basis for quite some time. And magazines don't require that businesses featured in their articles advertise with them--although it is indeed smart business to do so.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Read between the lines. SS comes to you and offers to do a feature layout on you. You need to buy X#$,Ł,€ orĄ on ads with them. You get a lot of exposure for your ads plus feature article but you deplete your ad budget for a few months. It was smart business to do the article. He'll be back.

Kirby's been running ads in SSM on a regular basis for quite some time. And magazines don't require that businesses featured in their articles advertise with them--although it is indeed smart business to do so.
What is a SSM? I kept Kirby's business card from our first and only meeting in June 2014 at Sagola in the MI UP area (Iron Mountain)--I liked him when we first met, and he is one of a few doublegun men who know a great deal, but don't come across as pompous or egotistic when you talk with him- or e-mail or telephone talk either, I consider him to be a class act-- RWTF (Francis Morin) and you can "take that to the ban!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

All my experiences with Kirby have been positive. He is fair, honest, and will do his utmost to keep buyers happy. I have bought and will buy from him again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

SSM = Shooting Sportsman Magazine

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
SSM = Shooting Sportsman Magazine
Thanks- if you are a subscriber, could I get you to send me, on loan, a past but recent issue- so I can evaluate it before subscribing- a few years ago, both the Gander Mountain retail stores and the Barnes & Noble book sellers used to carry the quarterly Double Gun Journal, as well as Gray's Sporting Journal and Sporting Classics, along with Sports Afield. Nowadays, they only have Sports Afield and Sporting Classics for sale "off the rack"-- changing times I should think, just as Bob Dylan predicted!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was just in our local Gander Mtn. yesterday and they had several copies of SSM on the rack for sale. I like a discount, so I buy my subscription to SSM here:
http://www.magazinedealsnow.com/title.asp?title=SHOOTING+SPORTSMAN

You may also consider subscribing to their free online magazine called Sporting Shot. www.sportingshot.com

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wild Skies
I was just in our local Gander Mtn. yesterday and they had several copies of SSM on the rack for sale. I like a discount, so I buy my subscription to SSM here:
http://www.magazinedealsnow.com/title.asp?title=SHOOTING+SPORTSMAN

You may also consider subscribing to their free online magazine called Sporting Shot. www.sportingshot.com
Free sounds good-thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just saw your request Fox, but I see others have directed you to the free on-line version. Enjoy it. IMHO not up to DGJ standards but pretty good.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.