L. Brown, you are probably right about that...in my Green state, the local police chief in the town you live in is the guy who does the review for your LTC, etc....also in some big cities like NYC and Boston....they will not even give you the class A license...you can get an FID card for a shotgun...so what can happen is the arresting police sees you have a LTC or FID....notifies your local chief...and if he wants to...he can show up at your house and take your guns....you have legal rights to then pursue...but what a pain....any little violation of gun laws can trigger this stuff...and any violation relating to alcohol can possibly trigger this. If you have the gun in your car, coming back from a shoot, and are stopped for DUI...believe me when I say, that gun is gone. The Chief can take it a step further and show up at your home and take the rest if them....there is a Federal court case pending now relating to this arbitrary application of chiefs acting differently in various localities. I am not speak to the legal issues, just that it can be a supreme pain in the ass.....and...here is the kicker...when your gun license expires, and you go to renew it...the chief will see that you have a DUI...and may chose, for public safety, or whatever, NOT to renew it..please, do not tell me to move, etc. this is the situations in many states.

Last edited by Condor; 03/03/14 10:58 AM.