He was a generous man to a fault, never a question too small and each answered with grace, but he was also at heart like a young boy on a treasure hunt looking for the next clue. One of the neater things, to me anyway, was that he shot those many rifles and knew exactly what they could do. He sent me pics after the internet became a reality of some of the targets shot when he had them out at the range. Many of those targets spoke as well for the man shooting as they did the guns' capabilities, though he would always down play his own skills as a shooter. Only within the past few weeks I have received an autographed copy of his last book and note. He leaves us with a legacy of having had a wonderful demeanor and as much of his vast research knowledge as he was able to get organized to his satisfaction and in print.

I never met him personally, but he was a very kind and noble person with a fine sense of humor and we once shared some interesting and funny research over a period of some years regarding two dif gunsmiths, w/the same name as it turned out.

I expect that now he has the answers to those many questions and puzzles that he sought to solve.

God speed, Mr. Petrov and thank you for your interests and making us all smarter in the process my friend.