Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I didn't sign onto the petitions favoring Phil's position. While I think it is foolishness to deny the Biblical admonition that homosexuality is a sin, I can't agree with Phil's statement that they're going to Hell for sure. Personally I don't feel qualified to express a public opinion on who's going to Hell and who ain't.

The Christ I pray to is one of redemption and I believe all who accept His Grace are welcome to whatever Kingdom there may be. Phil's Old Testament opinion is not my own.

The law differentiates crimes that are malam in se (sins) and malam in prohibitom (like leash laws for dog owners). Changing norms in our society dictated the reversal of sodomy laws and we opened the door to the gay revolution. Like it or not we have it now...Geo Oh Boy, can't resist this one, George. Sodomy and opening the doors-- what a great set-up-- Recalls Willie Dixon's great old Blues song- made even better known when covered by Jim Morrison, founder of The Doors-- that song being-- "Back Door Man"--I am not as well versed in the Good Book as you seem to be George, but didn't God send fire and brimstone unto Sodom and Gomorrah because of all the "Back Door sex" going on in those "Twin Cities of Perdition"?? Funny, too- we get Sodomy from the City of Sodom of course, but does Ghonorrea come from Gomorrah?? Quite a stretch I will concede, but anything is possible I suppose. I have about as much use for Lesbians as I do a wad of three dollar bills in my Carrharts, but I will give them one thing- they can't commit sodomy-perhaps that is also one reason why very few pedophiles are of the female gender-- who can say. As far as Phil Robertson (any relation to Pat Robertson of the infamous 700 Club??) telling anyone that they are going to Hell because of their wicked sexual practices, that is a real stretch-- "Judge not, lest Ye be judged yourownself"> or something like that!!

P.S.: I know better than to mention my own personal values here but I just did anyway.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..