"We are now offering brand new best quality Damascus barrels for 12 & 16 bore guns"
I believe Mr. Blacker is offering new Damascus barrels, using either Peter Dyson's Belgian tubes, or vintage tubes from a British souces. The images at the end of the Portfolio page show a Purdey with a blown out left tube with typical (I believe) 3 Iron English Best. The last image shows both of the new barrels to be well matched 3 Iron 'Oxford' or Damas Crolle similar to some of Dyson's tubes
http://www.billblacker.co.uk/portfolio.php

Vic Venters reported Greener's production of new guns with (old) Damascus tubes in Shooting Sportsman in 2007 and in 2008 said:
"They are indeed newly made damascus barrels, built on vintage tubes that David Dryhurst -- Greener's master gunmaker -- has been collecting since the '60s and '70s. Some are old Greener stock, some are English and no doubt some are Belgian. A few of these sets came from Dyson...They are not lined. The guns are being made in 28-ga up through 12, and maybe in 10-ga. At least 25 of these damascus-barreled guns are made or are under way, and I believe more have been ordered since I last asked. At the time of my writing, none had failed English proof. The guns are proofed under standard CIP pressures per the particular gauge."

The barrels are not Damasteel ala the Purdey effort in 2009.

Would most appreciate a report from one of our British correspondents!

Last edited by Drew Hause; 09/03/13 04:22 PM.