Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

And now Webly & Scott's name is on the AKUS guns. They're importing their model 2000 to the U.S., list priced at $2500. Lots of dealers listed on their website.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had this DeHaan S2 28 ga. for 6 years now with absolutely no problems mechanically. Screw heads are all timed, inletting is better than I've seen on much more expensive guns, and I shoot it as well or better than any other gun I have. An S2 410 with 30" barrels also goes to the dove fields. DeHaans guns are better quality than the Turkish CZ's and equal to Cabela's Dickinsons in my opinion.

Boxlock
Boxlock

The newer CZ guns by Huglu are great shooters, durableback chromed finish chrome lined bores, hand;pe great and all mine tht a I owned shot where they were pointed.
I currently don't own one, but would pick another up in a heart beat if i had the opportunity!
I tend to buy and sell a lot of guns, so a common gun like the CZ or Yildiz does not last long, I flip them and buy another! grin
The only thing that bugs me about them are the swedged barrels for the chokes, I think they detract from the lines if the gun.
I have a hammer classic for a bit and shot some birds with it, great hammer double for the price, but when I found out Pedersoli was making a hammer 12 with browned barrels, well, the CZ got sent packing!! grin
Davide

Of course I have shot all my vintage guns - what do you think they are called SHOT guns for??!!
Sidelock
Sidelock

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Pete
It is really amazing how many great deals there are out there. The Spanish guns like AYA 2/3 once Blue Booked for nothing but were excellent guns. Now, probably the best value out there are German guns. It is common to find a tight gun with great bores out there for $600. Most of these are 16 ga and boxlocks, but not always. Unlike some countries, there are no mediocre or under average German shotguns. If they have good barrels and are tight, you are getting a great deal.
Pete

True. Lets just think a minute a 25 pack of quality steel loads is about $15 while soft non-tox 25 pack is $100. We all know where the trend will be heading. You know, it's for our kids.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete's "probably the best value" German guns caught my eye. I'm not looking (oh yeah), have an early 16ga Model VIII Sauer that lets me shoot better than I am, but I get around overseas and would like to know of other makers on which to cast an eye.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My nomination for "best buy" in a Turkish gun is this Yildiz. It has man sized dimensions which, combined with longer barrels and an alloy receiver, make for admirable handling characteristics.

http://www.yildizshotgun.com/b27e.html

They are imported and sold by Academy Sports and all warranty work is done by Briley. Mine was a gift from a friend who knew I wanted a decent little .410 S x S for doves and quail. He paid $449 for it, on sale at $50 off regular price.

It had a heavy single selective trigger, which I reworked and lightened to about 3 1/2#. If you could see the quality work on the internals you would not believe it possible. Very polished parts on the trigger and hammers. It has performed flawlessly and has accounted for a limit of doves every time I have taken it to the field in the last three seasons. This was the most recent limit taken with it, yesterday afternoon.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's an in depth review of the CZ Bobwhite in 20 and 28 gauge. After reading it, I bought the 28. Things have improved since the review was written in 2006; my 28's wood is better than described in the review. Trigger pull was atrocious, but I got that remedied by a local gunsmith. Weight is 5.36 lbs.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/sharptail/CZReview.pdf

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.