Wburns- I appreciate your humor but it also rang a chord. Lately I have been designing a SXS, strictly personal, not business. Getting the trigger guard curves just right is the hardest bit of all!

Brittany man- "I wish they would pass the gun on to someone who can rather than butchering them"

I agree 100 per cent, which is why I keep stressing totally reversible procedures that will leave the original structure alone till someone with the finances or some new technology comes along and can do things right. Watching a pair of damascus barrels being cut off before sleeving is unsettling. It would be bettet to build an additional, if somewhat unauthentic, pair of cheaper barrels for use and leave the originals for display purposes if nothing else.

On the damascus issue. Has anyone researched whether cryogenic treatment enhances damascus steel strength? I have access to cryo equipment but do not want to risk my Cogsewell 410. The cryo guy offered to do microphotography of the grain before and after on a test piece but that would be an inconclusive test at best.