Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Apparently with the Verney family rather than the Carron's, Raimey--at least per the article published in Shooting Sportsman on V-C a few years back. Guy Verney goes back to 1650. Antoinette Carron was "both a daughter and granddaughter of gunmakers" . . . Sorry, but 2 generations does not 2 centuries make.

If you could temporarily remove your Liege blinders, we might be able to have an objective discussion here. It isn't like St. Etienne lacks for a gunmaking history of its own.

I don't understand the gist of your post except to argue and if you wish to continue to lock horns then that's just fine with me. But do tell me how a fella in St. Etienne named Verney marries a lady in St. Etienne named Carron and then a business in Lyon is also named Verney Carron and is a very distant relative from Claude? Most of your arguments are filled with holes like Swiss cheese and do not hold water.

It is not my bias and not even a set of St. Etienne binders but a St. Etienne plank in your eye Mr. Brown that prevents us from having an "objective discussion." I concede that there was a gun making centre in St. Etienne but the French looked down their noses at the Liege makers while turning their heads while the sourced them. True, run of the mill production models could be had in St. Etienne, but they still sourced Liege for some of their components or wares. Show me 1 Liege maker that registered with the St. Etienne proofhouse? Just one. Also put some proof in all this guts and glory pudding that you spout of the St. Etienne craftsmen and not just folklore. You continue to say I have a Liege bias, which I do not, so prove it. You have a few more post than I, but sift thru and find say 10% that support a Liege bias. I challenge you.

I will say that I have a better appreciate the designs and technology of V-C such as the Heliblock, etc. and would heavily consider such a sporting weapons platform like the one Paul owns.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse