I've always kept my loads [ in damascus or twist barrels ] under 7000psi, usually around 6000psi with no ill effects even in the winter. Is nitro dirty ? Not if you've shot black powder. The only powder that gave me trouble was 4756 and that was in the winter with 7/8oz loads in a 12ga. That was a poor selection. With light 12ga loads [ now 3/4oz ] I've used 700x, Red Dot, Clay Dot, and now Promo. Is the Promo dirtier - yes, but not anything that's too bad. Does velocity differ with low pressure loads - probably, but again not anything that matters. So what if it goes up and down by 6 to 800fps. At ranges out to 35yds what's the difference in leads- 4 or 5 inches. Big deal. At one time I was reloading for myself, wife, daughter, and granddaughter - about 40 boxes per week. Now I'm down to about 20 boxes for the wife and myself. I look for any savings there are and Promo is the cheapest powder and 3/4oz helps a lot. They break clay targets just as well as my old 1 1/8oz loads. Just my 2 cents. Paul