This morning at my gun club a guy showed me an old gun he said was in his basement...and I am wondering if anyone might know about this double...I looked into several books I have including the 3 volumes I have on the British Shotgun by Crudgington and Baker including the Greener book on the shotgun as well as Wieland and McIntosh...nowhere do I find a " George Bury".... I am including some photos I took...it appears to be Birmingham proofs...and someone in the past painted the metal black....the picture I did not take was the rib, which had " George, or Geo, Bury, London".. I even checked the Greener Story book because the engraving of the dog , although hard for you to see, looks very much like a dog engraving on some Greener guns...and reactions would be appreciated sine he wants to know if it is worth restoring....the wood looks pretty good and although the checking is severely worn one can see it was hand done...interestingly the wood stock has some lead shot embedded in it....I will post the pictures ASAP.

The proof marks are on the barrels and not in the usual place.

Last edited by Condor; 03/06/13 05:02 PM.