Hello WildCattle,

Between testing some loads, I decided to take off the lock plates and give the inside a look-over.

I was hoping to find some numbers inside that might give me a clue as to the actual serial number of this rifle, but no such luck. Not a single number or assembly mark was found inside.

I did find a fair amount of dried-out lube and dirt inside, so a good thorough cleaning and lubrication was far overdue.

The safety lever was held in place with a small screw in the lower center front of the breach. You can see the empty hole there. Removing the safety rod was necessary to allow removal of the right-side lock plate.

I must admit that load testing has been less than favorable to date. I've decided to continue testing before posting any specific details for fear of reversing the rotation of the Earth. But I will say this, even Graeme Wright would be surprised and if anyone has an email address for Graeme, please let me know. I'm sure he would be interested in my testing results for his next book.