May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (bushveld, battle, 2 invisible), 279 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,367
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#30983 03/15/07 01:43 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi,
I see the new Guns International site is up and running. Has anyone looked at it? Have you seen the "FFL Fee" posted on the ads? What do you think?

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim:

what the site address

JOhn

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the FFL fee is just a transfer fee if you use that dealer for a tranfer. I don't think sellers are going to charge a transfer fee as well as the one your personal dealer charges. Then again, with some dealers I wouldn't be surprised.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

http://www.gunsinternational.com/
I got a reply from Thad Scott, who said it was their shipping charge.
A reply from the owner of the Gunsinternational site said it is as the last poster said, the fee for that dealer to receive a gun FOR you, not to sell you one. The term, however, is very confusing and has no business in the ad format. I told them so. Nothing wrong with either a shipping charge or a transfer fee charged by an FFL for an incoming out-of-state firearm. The latter serves no purpose being shown in a for sale ad, though. It only adds confusion.
Otherwise, the little chance I've had to look it over, the site looks good.

Last edited by Jim Legg; 03/15/07 06:34 PM.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Can we keep Ed1 off there?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I looked it over and it seems to be along the lines of the old GA site.
The only thing I noticed was everything is dealers so far. Will private sellers be allowed on this site? If so I'll take GA off my favorites list.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like the replacement fo GA. Easy to navigate and large photographs. There are dealers there because the store just opened. The inventory should increase over the next few days, once the word gets out. That would be my guess, anyway. How GA will handle this competitor will be interesting to watch.

Hansli, I've already heard from GA. They sent me my long lost wishlist today and I haven't and won't pay their 9.97 per month fee for it.

Larry

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just recived an email today from GI and set up a selling and buying account. It sure was easy to navigate through the guns.
They are getting aggressive to offer 3 months free to gun dealers, I think we will see quickly if they take over for GA.
How do they get all of our email addresses?(I'm no techie)

Guns International was started by a good friends of mine, David Powell and his wife Deborah after several major dealers saw what was happening when the new owners at GunsAmerica "redesigned" what I always thought was a pretty good program.

The website is customer oriented and, in my opinion, will emerge as the best site of its kind on the Internet. David is a knowledgeable collector and fully understands what both buyers and sellers need and will be responsive to those needs.

Westley Richards along with most of the major US dealers will have their inventories on Guns International. It will be open to everyone not just dealers. If you have a suggestion that would improve the service, write David and tell him. Our industry needs this kind of medium and David and Deborah Powell fully intend to provide it.

This is not a paid political announcement. Neither I nor Westley Richards have any financial interest in this website but we do have a serious interest in its ultimate success.

Jim Kilday
Managing Partner
Westley Richards Agency
Bozeman, MT

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.