LGF,
I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. I think I'm the first person to fully document a double rifle build.

oldmanriver,
The pistol is a 2 Bore Muzzleloader made from a scrap of barrel left over from another 2 Bore project. The bore is the same but because it is a muzzleloader it shoots 1.300" patched round balls. There is a video of me and a friend of mine shooting it before it was finished(it's somewhere in the blog or on my youtube channel, I can post a link if you want.). The pistol weighs 7 pounds and is left handed to match the rifle. Same finish on the metal. The grips are walnut instead of maple like the rifle.

ohiosam,

Don't worry I can't shoulder it with supporting the forearm either. As i described on my website it was built to the customers specifications, if I had been building it for me I would have shortened the barrels to 24" and tapered them to a fairly thin profile, that would have dropped about 10 pounds off the muzzles and I could have used less counterweight in the buttstock. If it had those changes it probably would have weighed closer to 30 pounds, still very heavy but a lot better than 44 pounds.

My policy is the man with the money gets to decide...with two exceptions to that, one being I won't build anything that is unsafe and two I won't build anything that would damage my reputation as a gunmaker. While 44 pounds is very heavy and makes the gun virtually unusable for any normal hunting situation the overall appearance of the rifle isn't to badly effected by the long heavy barrels. Since my customer is happy with the way it looks, I'm okay with his choices. The other thing I would have done different is; I would have stained the maple a lot darker to get it closer to a walnut color but he likes the color so again if he is happy I have no problem with his choices.

Colin

Last edited by CowboyCS; 01/18/13 01:38 PM.

The bill of right - void were prohibited by law!