June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Birdog, SKB, buckstix), 344 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,591
Posts546,779
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#30425 03/11/07 11:02 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

for the new Lefever Legacy (my idea for the name of a new Lefever made with today's materials):

The phrase "They don't make them like that anymore" no longer applies. The new Lefever Legacy is an entirely new shotgun built in America to exceed the quality and craftsmanship Daniel M. Lefever's famous shotguns were known for in the early 1900's, at a price everyone can afford.

Identical in appearance, function, and handling qualities to early Lefever sideplated boxlocks, the new Lefever Legacy has engraved sideplates and receiver in various grades, color case hardening, Lefever's famous cocking hook, and cocking indicators, and is made with today's finest steels designed to digest any modern load with aplomb. Frame-specific lightweight upland models in 16 and 20 ga. are available, as well as a beavertail forend heavy duck model in 12 and 10ga.

Available in double trigger models with pistol grip or english stock, in every gauge from .410 through 10 ga, with thin-walled choke tubes to avoid unsightly barrel bulges as seen in inferior guns. In stock and ready for immediate delivery, the new Lefever Legacy is not a reproduction, but an improvement on the original guns so highly revered by hunters and collectors in the know.

Some might call this statement blaspheme. We call it the truth. Order yours today.
----

I can imagine the ad. If only someone would build the gun. I can dream can't I ?

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sure...........I'll take 2 in each ga. and grade!

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Between the thought and the action falls the shadow."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like the RBL - I'll pass!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Lowell, the RBL would have to be in stock and available for delivery to compare the two.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: battle
Sure...........I'll take 2 in each ga. and grade!

+1

Sidelock
Sidelock

Loose the choke tubes, and I'll place my order. :-)

Sidelock
Sidelock

And give it a better top-lever spring; about the only needed improvement i have encounterd.

Better get a really good stockist, too. ;~`)

Otherwise? Some classic and appropriate engraving, period.

Bag the gold-crusted excess and Druidic manifestations which seem to be draped onto too many similar contemporary revival efforts. Gold, small and tasteful, of true artistic merit, is fine to OK. Examples regularly have been posted here by resident craftsmen.

However, gold with the style and profusion of disco-era neck chains, hammered on everyfrxxing-where, is hideous. Better to have plain metal with good case colors, than the pimped out pieces apparently designed for either new Oklahoma oil money or Middle Eastern younger sons.

Yup: go Lefever. Ye Aulde and Late Klunkster had stated several times that he considered the sideplate LeFevers to be the best finished American gun, in and out.

Last edited by JohnM; 03/13/07 08:45 AM.

Relax; we're all experts here.
JohnM #30596 03/13/07 09:09 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

How about a trial run of 100 in 28 ga.? Half with 28" barrels and the second half with 30" barrels. When these sell the second trial could be in 16. That would decrease my bank account by a decent amount. But then again I would be getting just what I desire and it would be a Lefever. Not some Itiaian made, side plated boxlock wantabe labeled Lefever.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

At a price everyone could afford? It will say "Made in China" all over it.

Be careful what you wish for....
Best,
Ted

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.