Originally Posted By: prairie ghost
Beautiful rifles all. Are the stock dimensions given in the brochure typical of most pre-war rifles?

This is a very hard question to answer as all these were custom rifles made to fit the new owner.

A rifle for some one 5'2" would be a lot different than a rifle made for, say, a man 6'4". A lot of folks would like me to write the stock dimensions but I have resisted because I can only see more confusion than something useful.

Here is what I wrote about a Wundhammer rifle that was made for a shooting prize and I assume these are some what a one-size-fits-all.

"From this new center line the bottom of the buttplate was then cast-off 1/8” total cast-off for the toe is 3/8”. The length of pull is 13 ľ”. This is measured from the center of the trigger to the center of the buttplate. The drop at the comb is 1 ľ” and the drop at the heel is 3”. These measurements are taken from a line drawn through the center of the front sight through the rear sight, continuing on to the end of the stock. The rifle weighs 7 ľ lb. and the forearm is 10 ˝” long measured from the front of the receiver ring."

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014