Over the past several years you guys have been able to shed more than a little light on my buying decisions. Got another one for the experts so here goes.

Have the opportunity to purchase an Ithaca Lewis grade 2, 12 gauge, uncut 26" damascus barrels(measure cyl. and full). Numbers match. Action is tight and seems fully functional. Lever is in the center. Bright bores with only a few minor pits near the muzzle of the right barrel. Stocks (lots of drop) have pretty fair original finish with no major blemishes. Original butt plate is present. Barrels are brown. Lots of small rust spots on the action and barrels that rubbing with a penny seems to remove. The gun weighs only 6 lb 1 oz on a certified scale.(really!). It has not been shot in decades. Price is $325.

Now for the questionable areas.
1. Both chambers measure a full 3" to the forcing cone. ???? Could they be original ???? Safe with RST low pressure shells??

2. Butt stock is only 13 1/2 inches. Does not appear to be cut.
Is hollowed out very professionally. Factory butt plate and
screws present and fit as original. No extra holes. Could
it come from the factory this way??? A slip on pad fixes this.

3. Right barrel has a very acute, small dent(3/16 long, 1/16
wide and about 1/64 deep) 6" from the right muzzle. There
does not appear to be a corresponding protrussion etc on the
interior. It appears to have been that way for a long time.
How big a concern???

4 Could the chokes (cyl. and full) have come from the factory??
Cylinder seems pretty open to me. Never used one.

5. Are all these old Ithaca's as light???

6. Buy it or pass? I know very little about these guns.

I'm not a collector but like to hunt and shoot doubles. I use a few old and newer ones every fall. I enjoy them both. But what I really enjoy is carrying one of vintage and bagging a bunny or a bird with it. Like going back to a better time at least for a few hours.

There's not a lot out there on the older Ithaca's so I'd really appreciate your comments, suggestions, and input. Thanks in advance for your help.
Tom R

I know it's not a Parker or a Fox but it sure does bring back memories.