Doug, you seem a little defensive when it comes to double triggers on shotguns you have repaired/redone over 40 years.
So let's list a few old, junky, American doubles with double triggers that would absolutely double when worn, or dirty, or were just plain poorly designed.........
Start with: Stevens, Savage, Fox, all the various Ithacas, hordes of Folsoms, millions of Crescents, Bakers, Lefevers,(to include Nitro Specials) Elsies, Parkers, Westerns, all the JABCs, all the hardware store clunkers, and on, and on, and..
One of my first awful memories of pheasant hunting when I was 8 yrs old, back in 1958; was of my Dad loading, and snapping shut an LC Smith, and having it discharge BOTH barrels, and blowing a large hole in the gravel road, inches from my feet. (And then catching hell for standing there!)
No, almost all the shotguns, even up to the present, could benefit from the safety of a Miller single trigger.....
Matter-of-fact, I would make a blanket statement: double trigger guns double more frequently that single trigger guns;
while single trigger guns fail-to-fire more frequently.
Here's hoping all your shotguns discharge, if, and when you want them to..... Grant.