At the Great Eastern SxS Shoot (Hidden Hollow) Dan May and I discussed the installation of a Miller Single Trigger in an era 1890s Henry Adkin 10 gauge. The Adkin had a Purdy-type single trigger which often caused that fine SxS to double. In the meantime I found someone who understood how a Purdy single trigger was designed to operate and for a mere $600 he was able to repair it. So far so good but if the trigger starts to double again I may bite the bullet, or trigger in this case, and send the Adkin to Dan May for a Miller Single Trigger. I'm not going to pour more money into a bottomless pit!

Many older single triggers can double. Having a Miller Single Trigger installed into ones favorite vintage SxS will provide it the reliability one demands.

PS: I would have had a set of Double Triggers installed my my Adkin but the cost to include lengthening the engraved and gold filled trigger guard would have been more than installing a Miller Single Trigger... And I thought that boats were holes in the water in which to pour money!

Last edited by Mark Ouellette; 12/01/12 10:26 AM.

USMC Retired