I met the late Mr. Harold King in the late 70's . He was an elderly man then and was a figure of much respect in the Birmingham trade . He had a shop in Wisemans building in Price Street . Mr King as I always called him ,had been the last manager/foreman of the Midland Gun co . I was told this by a man I had worked under as a apprentice ,whos family the Kelly brothers, had worked for and had workshops in the old Midland factory prior to 1939 . { these were classed as "jobbers" men who had workshop space in another's building ,who did work for that person as part of their lease agreement as well as work for themselves }I was told that the King's made guns under their own name that went largely for export .Like many Birmingham gunmen guns were made in small quantity under the name of the actual maker for private customers or for the overseas market .As a result it is very rare to see a gun signed by King or Kelly in the UK but these people made many guns bearing the names of other better known companies .

Last edited by gunman; 09/23/12 05:15 AM.