Thanks Eightbore. The stocking was done by Mr. Mixell, the engraving by Mr. Bee.

Ted, I’m not quite sure how to take your comment. I’ll assume that you are implying, rather sarcastically, that the birds in the pics are preserve birds – if so, you are correct. The first pic shows part of the bag from a last-day of the season clean-up scratch hunt at the club where the dogs and guide; the others just normal scratching hunting.

I do NOT use the .410 for wild birds. At one time I used the .410 for local doves, but these days they fly so high that has become a 12 gauge game. I use a 12 for most of my western wild bird hunting (phez, Huns prairie grouse, etc); I use a 20 for most of my eastern wild bird hunting (phez, ruffed grouse, etc); I use a 28 for most pen-raised birds (phez, chukar, Huns and quail). Now and then I will take the old M42 out to shoot some pen-raised. It works just fine out to 20-25 yards with 3” loads throwing #7½. Shots are generally easy over the pointy dawgs. If I did any wild quail hunting, I might change my mind about using it on wild birds.