"It also appears to have the frame cross pin about where the sculpting starts, which pretty well limits it to either a two or small hook gun, this pin not being used on the large hook guns".

Pieper is correct, the "frame cross pin" (or joint check pin) feature; which was designed to limit downward movement of the barrels when the gun was opened, was eliminated when LeFever placed their large cocking hook feature into production; therefore the joint check pin visible at the upper edge of the frame side radius cut should indicate this gun to have either Lefever's small cocking hook, or double cocking hooks feature. But I use the word should because there are always exceptions with Lefever guns; and I once owned one of those exceptions. This gun was a very light weight 12-bore G grade extractor with a serial number of 18999(?). Perhaps this was an early numbered frame used later in production; but when originally machined it was fitted with the joint check pin feature. On that gun the portion of the joint check pin visible inside the lug cut had been removed to accommodate Lefever's large cocking hook. Wish I still had that gun.