May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (earlyriser, SKB, HalfaDouble, AGS), 298 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,561
Posts546,332
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
builder #28523 02/28/07 03:11 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I ordered my gun in late Nov., 2005 and PIF. Yes, its been a long wait, but, I waited 2yrs. for my first Ithaca Classic Double. It was well worth it and I have every confidence that history will repeat itself.
My RBL is in production and I expect a March delivery. Once your order hits the floor, it takes between 4-8 weeks to complete.
I have never seen a startup production process that hasn't had some glitches along the way. Early estimates on delivery are seldom, if ever correct or even close for that matter. Those who expected otherwise were deceiving themselves.
I do agree that CSMC should have been more forthcoming with production information and given better estimates when they became available.
Buying a gun of this value for the asking price was a "no brainer" for me and the wait, although substantial, was built into the equation...or should have been.

Tom28ga #28526 02/28/07 04:09 PM

I ordered mine late in December 05, but got a January 06 date on my invoice...Hoping for an April, but probably not before May delivery. I ordered my RBL as I got "double fever" and ordered it with the beavertail forend, straight stock, single trigger and French Gray. The months of waiting were expected and I have - I think anyway, "matured" a bit in my views on SxS's as I read the forums. I decided to purchase an inexpensive SxS with double triggers (ostensibly, my "rainy day pheasant gun") to learn whether I could use them, like them, etc. BTW, I have really enjoyed shooting the little DeHaan 12 ga SO. It is a pretty nice little gun, actually. Anyway, my order has changed three times due to this maturation: I now have on order a straight stock, splinter forearm, case colored, double triggers RBL. Quite different from my initial order! I am glad I had to wait a bit, but I am ready NOW for my RBL! Still glad I ordered it, but wish it were here!

Stever
Stever #28527 02/28/07 04:10 PM

Oh, darn, forgot to mention I "upped" my wood choice from basic 2X to 3X in hopes of insuring at least some figure!

Stever
Stever #28545 02/28/07 05:54 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Forget about the gun delivery.......how long does it take them to reply to an e-mail?

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
JK in Florida #28559 02/28/07 06:36 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JK in Florida
Howdy folks. Has anyone out there asked for a refund on their never-delivered RBL? Did you get a refund, or a refund with interest? I'm sure CSMC is doing the best they can, but I paid in full and waited a year and a half...

Yes. I cancelled mine in early November '06. I didn't hear anything for about a week, so I contacted them again. Within about 2-3 days after the 2nd contact, I received a credit on my credit card for the full amount plus a little interest (I didn't do the math to find out exactly how much it was).

I cancelled because I was tired of CSMC's refusal to communicate anything (estimated delivery date, how many guns they're producing per week/month, how many orders in front of mine, etc.); I had the chance to inspect one in person, and the engraving was MUCH lower quality than they'd shown in their ads (VERY disappointing); I was tired of waiting; I had the opportunity to buy another gun with a better warranty, hand engraving and better wood, and still put a few $$ back into my pocket.

Do I like the RBL, and would I like to have one? Yes. Do I regret cancelling? Not for a second. Should you cancel? Only you can decide.

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.