A while back I was looking for a Turkish blank and got an email from this same fellow that was mentioned here on another post a couple of week ago, he had a few blanks to offer but neither the wood nor his prices were what I was looking for. After a bit of searching I decided to drive down to Mt. Orab Ohio to see Clay Barker at Luxus Walnut….a really nice guy, and double gun enthusiast as well ,gave me a tour of the place and access to his entire wood inventory, talk about a kid in a candy shop, nothing like walking on a pile of exhibition blanks…well almost nothing.

Got a deal on five great blanks of my own choosing, looked at some fantastic wood, had a great time in Cincinnati and might have lined up a quail hunt to boot…was well worth the drive, the blanks are all dry and properly laid out, so there’ll be no disappointment come stocking time, I’ve bought wood from pictures before, some worked out really well, and some went in to the kindling bucket.…. for me this is the only way to buy wood from now on.

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........