I have no connection to the seller and am just adding my comments.

This barrel looks to have an early 8,000's s/n - and the lack of guide pins can be proper for an early extractor Fox.

Tubes look thin at the muzzles? All these early Foxes had heavy chamfers cut around the circumference of the tubes at the muzzles, and that can make the walls look thin when taking pics from the front end.

I agree the solder filler at the muzzles looks redone, and perhaps that's because one or both of the filler pieces was lost while in use. Easily redone by a competent guy.

1/8" short length is not that uncommon in Foxes and the only way to tell for sure is to read the start of the choke leades which should be about 4" back from the muzzles. A potential buyer should ask the seller to do that, and if the gent can't - get agreement on an inspection/return type of buy. Unfortunately no records are available for Fox guns < about 10,000 serial number, so it's not possible to get a quicky check on the original bbl length with the Fox Collectors.

That undercut style front sight isn't the common early Fox style, but never say never....

All told, this COULD be a good deal for someone looking for a replacement barrel. Of course it needs to be fitted by a compentent man. The odds of this or any other spare barrel PROPERLY fitting another Fox frame "as is", is 1% or less. Reading between the lines, it sounds like the seller might have/want to sell the frame that goes with this barrel - which is of course not possible to list on E Bay.

All the foregoing in my experience.

Frank Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.