Originally Posted By: TomGresham

Kimber has been owned by the same person for 13 years.

The handguns are made in Yonkers. Ditto the rifles. Kimber is the largest maker of 1911 pistols in the world.

I think they have a policy of either not working on, or at least not warrantying, guns made in the 1980s by a previous company with the same name.

Tom,

Last summer I brought a gun to the Yonkers facility. It was a Kimber Swedish Mauser conversion that they were selling in 1996 and I purchased it directly from Kimber in June, 1996. The gun wouldn't fire, it was leaving shallow hits on the primers.

I waited in their reception area for 20 minutes, a women came down and saw the gun and said they wouldn't touch it, it was made by the former Kimber company and was not their resposibility. I told them I wasn't looking for something for free (warranty work), would the gunsmith just check the headspace so I could determine if it was setback or a firing pin problem? I was told "No' and asked to leave.

The gun was made less than 11 years ago so I think you may have some wrong information. If "Kimber has been owned by the same person for 13 years." then they did refuse to work on one of their own guns.

Either way, their attitude let me know they didn't care about one of their customers and I'll never be one again.

Perhaps there's a good story in there, maybe a radio segment.

Regards,
Rob Di Stasio

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn