"I'm pretty sure comparing an original Fox to a CSM Fox is not a worthwhile endeavor. Kinda like trying to compare a 55 Vette to a 2012 Carbon Corvette. "

I would agree that only similarity is 4 wheels and a steering wheel for the Corvette comparison but the comparison to a Fox made in the early 19th century and a CSMC Fox is ridiculous.
Without CSMC markings on the firearm, one Fox will look exactly as another Fox and function the same. I haven't been into any Fox internally but I certainly think the CSMC Fox would be much better finished. 20th century engravers are long gone so if you want a Fox engraved by one of those guys, you have to find one on the secondary market.
If you want a finely engraved gun to you specifications as one could have made for you in the 20th century, then CSMC offers as a fine a game gun made anywhere in the world at a very competitive price and made in the USA where one can actually communicate with the maker or fairly easily go see your gun.
For me it was no-brainer for a 16 gauge Fox DE Special because there were only about 60 made in the 20th century and the chances of finding one made to my specs, new condition, are zero.
After collecting Supers and Model 21's for 20+ years, I know the pitfalls (not all, as there are always new scams out there) of purchasing used guns and the time and effort required. I decided that It wasn't worth the expenditure of energy/time because one, I couldn't find what I wanted and two, I could order the same gun made today from CSMC and in fact made much better. It's really time to get over this prohibition that some seem to have against CSMC Fox's and Model 21's.
There is a whole new generation of buyers out there that are enjoying these CSMC guns of which I have joined.-Dick

Last edited by Dick_dup1; 03/11/12 01:44 PM.