I have 16 gauge I ordered from CSMC to my specifications including engraving and 'Fox' banner in gold.
It is as fine as any shotgun manufactured today and as fine if not better than any Fox ever manufactured. Many collectors turn up their noses at CSMC guns and therein lies the difference.
For collectors, it doesn't matter that much if the gun fits or every specification is to their liking, what matters is the gun is 100% original or as close to 100% as they can afford/find.
To a shooter, a gun that has a stock made to your specifications is a joy to hunt with and the ability to order a Fox with whatever other specifications you want is only limited by your resources and imagination.
So if you are ordering a 'Custom'(bespoke to some) Fox, it's as fine as any gun available today.
If you are purchasing on the secondary market it may or may not be a good value. Certainly if it doesn't fit you can tell yourself you got a good deal and either use as is or get it to fit.
For me the allure of the CSMC Fox was to get a gun made to my specifications 100%.
I don't think I would purchase one on the Secondary market.
My 16 gauge was also targeted at under 5# 13oz.
With 26" barrels it actually weighs 5# 9oz.
A joy to carry and a joy to shoot with 3/4oz loads.

Exhibition Circassian Walnut.-Dick