Hey all, came home the other day with an old Ranger (sears) 103-6 20 ga. Not much info on these guns, maybe someone here can give me some insight.

It's a Ranger 103-6, # R 2342, 28", DT, 6lbs 8ozs. on my digital fish scale. She has some issues such as a cracked forend (been repaired), cracked stock (been repaired), refinished (well varnished anyway) wood, but nicely done and lovely color. Choked cylinder or IC on the bottom and Full (or just call it tighter) on the top when measured with my crude gauge. She also had/has a rattle inside the action (not the baby kind), so I took the stock off. The innards appear to have been gone over by a smith, well its clean anyway, but there is a floating doohickey on the bottom fireing pin (pic with the pencil pointing to it) that moves around when you shake or move the gun around. Is this typical, or maybe missing a spring somewhere? The firing pins make solid and even imprints when fired on a piece of hardwood (need to get snap caps). Action is good and tight with forend on, but has a slight wiggle(a thou maybe) when twisted with the forend off. The lever is left of center, but has a few more years left in her. Bores are pristine. Barrel bluing is good...well you see the pics.

I paid $150 for it, all in. I bought it as my beater gun, although I would never use a gun as such, and its my first O/U and 20ga. I'm more of a 16ga. guy, and we all know they pattern better ;), it was too hard to pass up though.

Pics are here - photobucket

Don.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?