Originally Posted By: Small Bore
Me - the barrels are on top of each other!
- Hey- a Limey who thinks, as i do, that a two barreled shotty gun should have the barrels in the same plane and position as God gave us humans our eyes- All Under and Overs, as the Limeys call 'em- no matter the design, maker or hand craftsmanship, are still not as mechanically equal as to cocking stresses on springs, and are a real (*&^% to open and close in a duck blind or pit- compared to a side-by-side- BUT- at least the Limey O/U's are NOT the clubby Germanic guns, and the big bolts and depth of frame and those Kersten fasteners-- Uuugh!

Wonder how many of these Limey O/U's came equipped with reliable single triggers- My 'dream gun" if money were not the issue- a matched pair of Churchill premieres 12 bores- 29" tubes- side-by-side SLE guns, DT, straight hand grip, splinter forearms- 6 lbs. 12 oz. aprox with leather covered Silvers butt pads- first gun choked 1/4 and 1/2 and the number two guns choked 1/4 and 3/4- proofed for 1 & 1/8 loads but with 2 & 3/4" American-ized chambers - so I can shoot AA light trap loads in 'em--You can have every O/U I may ever win at any DU or PF Banquets in exchange- and the Churchills will have been built before 1914, and re-conditioned by Churchill post WW2-guns for a lifetime, and with barrels set the way God would have ordered them, if He was a wingshot!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..