Doverham,

My gun is a custom ordered Krieghoff Essencia boxlock. For some reason Krieghoff calls them boxlocks but they are actually a round action triggerplate gun. The only pins through the action are for the cocking lever pivots & the hinge pin. The sear & hammer pivot pins are on the triggerplate. They are nice guns, very slender & with excellent handling qualities. They resemble a Westley Richards round action droplock in profile(obviously of very different construction than a Westley Richards). Nicer looking in my opinion than the back action sidelock Essencia but apparently most people don't agree as there are a lot more Essencia sidelocks out there than boxlock/triggerplate guns.

Hold out for the gun you want or down the road you will regret making a compromise to save a few $$. I've been there & done that several times.

I suggest you look at the Ziegenhahn & Sohn's web site if you haven't done so. They offer a back action sidelock with a different lockplate profile that IMOP is much more attractive than the gun they build for Krieghoff as the Essencia sidelock with the dipped edge lockplate.