Relying on hunters to warn other hunters of their presence by wearing flourescent orange completely ignores the fact that there may be non-hunting folks such as loggers, hikers, birdwatchers, campers, etc. using the same woods. Is it ok to shoot at some movement I haven't positively identified as game just because I see a flash of brown?

I wear the amount of blaze orange Pennsylvania requires, but little more. I am currently enjoying our flintlock deer season which allows me to hunt with no orange at all. I do carry an orange vest in my bag which I may put on after shooting a deer. But most days in this late season, I hunt all day without even seeing another person. We know that deer are not color blind, but that they have poor color perception. One of the colors they can see best is flourescent orange which supposedly appears to them much as a white shirt appears to us under a black light. This is due to the ratio of rods to cones in their eyes, and having more receptors for UV light allows them to see better in pre-dawn and after dusk.

We still see hunters in full orange outfits getting shot. I had a cousin who was killed in a hunting "accident"... shot by a hunter "shooting at a turkey in a low bush". The [censored] was using a .30-06 and hit him in the heart. I've never mistaken a man for a turkey, deer, squirrel, or groundhog. I think people that can't tell the difference and shoot somebody belong in prison. I bet that would reduce the number of these "accidents". That may be harsh but my cousin had a 2 year old son who grew up without a Dad.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.