Gentlemen, I apologize for taking so long to close this matter. I have been at work since 6:30 this morning and our server has been down until about half an hour ago. I just got to read Mr. Gould’s offer about 15 minutes ago.

Russell Gould, I want to thank you publicly for making the offer of 100% reimbursement, which you have. Frankly, if you had offered in November to help defray my costs to repair the case, I would have gone away a happy customer, the California business notwithstanding. At any rate, you have now done what many here, including me, see to be the correct thing and I applaud you for having done so.

However, I have invested probably 25 to 30 hours of my spare time in gutting, relining, and re-configuring this case. While so doing, I have added fitted blocks for snap-caps as well as oil and Vaseline bottles. Also, I have widened the barrel channels so that the barrels are now held horizontally, rather than vertically, as in the original. So the case has been customized to the point where it is not anywhere near its original configuration. After all of the work that I have put into it, it is as near new as a used case can be and I am happy with it as it now stands.

I stated to you on November 22, and again here on February 10, that I was not looking for anything from you. I stand by those statements. For these reasons, and for the reasons, which Sharpsrifle has so very ably delineated above, I will keep the case.

I hereby accept your offer of a 100% refund as full and total restitution for all past inconveniences and costs.

Also, as quickly as it is possible to do so, I will post a message on the other BBS’s informing the readers of our settlement of this matter.

Thank you and good shooting,
Ron Vella.