Originally Posted By: TwiceBarrel

I think any increase in recoil that could possibly be attributed to a little bit of dislodged plastic will be negligible at best.

So would I, TB--but it is another factor. Right now, at least given any information I can find, the only things we know about long shells in too short chambers and/or in guns with very short and sharply angled forcing cones is that a) you can end up with blown ends on the shells; b) at least some shooters report increased recoil; and c) there is an increase in pressure, reported to be in the 1500 psi range in at least one case. We don't know that there's a velocity increase, which is the logical culprit in increased recoil, assuming shot charge weight stays the same. What we need is a volunteer with 2 .410's, one with a 2 1/2" chamber and the other with a 3" chamber. That'd tell us what we need to know about any velocity change. But unless the guns are identical in all other ways except chamber length, it would not be a good comparison as to whether recoil increases.