Thanks for the information, Mark!

No specific plans for the setup yet, I won it online and thought it would be perfect for 'restoring' a rifle that had become separated from its scope mount. It's VERY convenient to have the proper-sized base when installing these side mounts since their dovetail sizes, for whatever reason, vary somewhat widely and should be individually bench-fit.

It's my impression that some of the Jaeger mounts on eBay came from the various iterations of the Dunn's operation and their connection to Jaeger. I bought one lot of NOS Jaeger mounts from an ex-Dunn's/Jaeger smith, he received them during one of the business dissolutions.

FYI out of 8 brand-new mounts and 12 brand-new bases, no 2 dovetails were the same size. That is, no 2 bases would interchange in the same mount and no 2 mounts would interchange on the same base. I ended up with 8 properly-fitting setups and 4 orphan bases whose dovetails fit nothing but were generally oversize.

This Noske mount uses a more attractive/unobtrusive dovetail and IMO is notably stronger in its construction than either G&H or Jaeger mounts. Too bad it's not QD.
Regards, Joe

You can lead a man to logic but you can't make him think. NRA Life since 1976. God bless America!