Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wew. Seems to me that knowledge, fairly presented is always good stuff. Obviously, when we are dealing with history, often the "facts" come from historians and some do "bridge it" and then defend themselves. But, facts is facts folks.
So wadda ya say let's try to avoid recriminations and present information that we are willing to share. Pics, serial numbers, factory letters, some things are undisputed. Other "facts" are open to dispute or error.
Was it the Czar's Parker? Beats me. But Julia's made a pretty good case.
I love knowledge. I sorta have a distaste for egos.
Best Regards, Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Robert Chambers
Good idea...in fact, perhaps I should turn over all my research work to you...you wouldn't give me the time of day...thanks but no thanks...you can do your own research...I've already given you miles more info than you would give anyone else including me...I would have NEVER responded to any of your posts except the fact that you were trying to pass bum scoop to about Kornbrath to the BBS members...I can't wait for one of the other members who lives near Cody to confirm the truth (independently) to the other board members...Now I know that I am supposed to talk civil to you, but I will never forget the time you bashed me here at the BBS...tell me one good reason that I shoud assist you after what you did to me, before you knew who I was?...go ahead, keep bashing new members with you skewed knowledge...I think you've shown your true colors...there is absolutly no reason for you and I to ever communicate in the future...I would not have this time if you weren't trying to pass bum scoop...I promice never to communicate with you. please try to do the same...In the name of peace, I will no longer respond to your posts...Now leave it at that...Peace

DO YOU REMEMBER NOW?

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Robert Chambers
MP...sorry, I wasn't talking to you...but please don't tell me that you still maintain that Kornbrath made double shotguns...that's a good one...

lets move it to this thread, the one in question.
Is there anyone on this board that you trust to give a fair and honest answer? Anyone?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nope, but I can tell you that one can get 50s vintage copiously qualtiy engraved Mauser-actioned bolt gun from what was then FRG for 50% or less of what you can expect to pay for something like genuine G&H sporter. in a good kind of way. About year ago I looked at PLAIN JANE (no engraving) .404 by Hoffman Arms of OK years. It sported 8k+ price tag. I know these are rare, but I think some gun folks had complete meltdown! Talking to someone like Dr. Phil might not be a bad idea.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I trust most members to post what they believe is correct...the fact that you don't seem to mind occasionally posting undocumented nonsense has little bearing on the credibility of other members at this site. My findings may not match up with everyone elses, but I can cross reference most all information within my posts...I just thought the other readers needed their memories jogged about what a Mielcarek rifle looks like...no extra long schnabel fore end...no Wundhammer palm swell...they're smart enough to decide on their own. Show them some info that they can take to the bank...show the Wundhammer name so that perhaps the readers can believe you...as we really never know when you're just ??? well you know

Shall we return to the post where you, KCrowley and the OTHER JMann sent me looking for some non-existant CIA history museum in search of Flues' most important gun...did you think I forgot? It shouldn't be too hard to locate as it was my post #1...thanks for all your excellent info...

I wish that I understood what was said so that I could replay it to you...but I still don't understand what a "whimsical canard" is...

I'll say this though, it's ironic/fitting that you you victimized me over a Flues made gun, then 5 years later I stumbled into you blowing smoke about another Flues made gun...

But in your defense, who knew some guy making post #1 could have known so much about this obscure maker...

Do you still play newbies as fools? Is it enjoyable? You never really said why you did this to me. Had we met before or was my case just some random act of hurtful joking?

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 12/09/07 06:30 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lets stay on the Kornbrath subject for a bit, you claimed what I wrote about Kornbrath was misleading and wrong. So let us settle this, I say YOU pick one person from this forum and if that person agrees we can both send what information we have on the subject and let that person report back to the rest. You say you have the Kornbrath papers so this should be an easy task.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It seems like those who think that their research material is being "stolen" from them without payment will never share such material, and others who post and publish do share their information. I prefer to think that those who share are more beneficial to us all. Why would Mr. Chambers share or publish? Someone may read it and steal the information. I, personally, would buy anything he chose to publish, but he seems unwilling to do so. I want to know all this stuff, but can't buy a book that hasn't been printed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now you have Eightbore backing you up on this one...I concede...you guys are correct...Rudolph Kornbrath made the Korbrath gun and the Tom Mix gun that are the premier guns at the museum in Cody...

I don't know where this system would be without you two setting the record straight...

Certainly these weren't the first and only two shotguns that Kornbrath made,... did he mass produce them, or did he only make a few? Surely your not posting more info that you can't cross reference...So roll that magical bean footage...tell us all about your dogged research that led you to the conclusion that Kornbrath was a gunsmith.

And yes...challenging the validity of your absurd conclusions is an easy task...one telephone call or letter to the museum curator by an outside independent person will clear up this point...of course, by then you'll write off the curators answer as "irrelevant"...and spin these guys another yarn...maybe cashing in on the fact that most of these guys don't know what a Wundhammer or a Mielcarek rifle looks like...

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 12/09/07 08:59 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I rest my case. He rants but doesn't share and doesn't publish. And he accuses me of having an opinion on the Kornbrath debate. Obviously, I have no opinion, contrary to his rant, just want to read the words of someone who does have an opinion. I just can't quite make out what he is trying to say. He is probably quite a nice guy, with lots to contribute, but never quite "lets it out".

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kornbrath making double shotguns! What a hoot...who da thunk? That's even more rich than one about the Belgians making Lefever patented sidelocks...do people really accidentally misread the information or does someone dream this stuff up while typing the post?

It calls into question the motivations of the originator of the posted information. If the purpose of this system is to advance the collective knowledge of our firearm heritage, why then would some posters allow their ego to get in the way of their intellect? If you (MP) were actually pursuing truth and understanding, you would check the facts for themselves...

You would be first to say "Hey Bozo, look Korbrath's touchmark is right there for all to see"...but this isn't about accuracy or you would have wisely conceded the first time I told you.

Petrov, do you have any idea how much damage you and your "whimsical canard" buddies have done to this bullitin board.

Do you know that you left 8 guage IQ members believing that I was black? Did you enjoy it when they called on the telephone to scream racial slurs? Do you know that I'm one of the most hated members here because YOU started me out on the wrong foot. Do you know what a headache all of this hatred and misplaced racism has been like for Dave Weber?(that YOU started)...You were instrumental in creating the research Frankenstein that I've become...

You couldn't just allow me a clean start could you...If justice prevailed at this system, anybody who doesn't like my Frankenstein attitude should be referred to you and Mr Crowley. Every time there is another repercussion, Dave Weber would say, Hey Petrov, do you see the price everyone continually pays for your "whimsical canards"

If only indirectly through me, I think you (and I) have already done enough damage to this bulletin system...

So in anticipation of your nonsense...let me remind you, all I said was "Mielcarek"...one word...nothing hostile...and you got ugly again...inviting me to this thread to lock horns thinking I might digitize and post the Kornbrath material just to shut you up...I'm laughing over here...do some people actually fall for these tactics?

The real question is...Why would anyone take such an indefensible position twice? News Flash...These guys aren't beginners...they already know that Rudolph Kornbrath was an engraver, not a gunmaker.

I'm done...I'm gonna go back to double info posting...maybe you can find a few newbies to prey on...

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.