Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Originally Posted By: canvasback
Not why most of us do this but in 10 years the car will be worth less than a third of what he just paid.

His gun collection would likely have risen in value.

You're right but Corvettes tend to run value wise as an inverse bell shaped curve. Prices tend to go down for the first 20 years then start back up again. This has been true for generations C1 thru C4 and I expect it will eventually happen to later generations as well. I sure wish I had just kept the earlier Corvettes I've owned over the years as financially they sure as hell would have outperformed my IRA.
Jim

LOL, That's why I wish I had kept my 1967 RS/SS Camaro convertible, my 1972 Pantera, my 1972 Alfa Romeo GTV, my 1972 E-type V12 convertible and a number of others. However, at some point I decided it was easier to store the guns than the cars and sailboats I had previously been consumed by. Re-reading my first comment reminds me that it wasn't clear that I supported the OP's move. Was more relating it to my own experiences. Hope he's happy, sure he is and I love 'vettes.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia