Hi All,

Thanks very much for all the great information! Lots of good advice. I really appreciate it.

Our former dog Katy, had the wonderful trait of bouncing off the walls if she saw the leash in your hand but once you got back to the house it was like a switch had been turned off and she became this mellow house dog. Interesting to hear that some of the hunting breeds will do this also as I have not been around many hunting dogs and didn't know how they behave at home.

I had the opportunity to hunt for chukkers with an older gentleman who had a small female Brittney. She did a good job hunting but also seemed to be a good companion dog. I also hunted with a friend who has a female GSP. Ridiculous experience but I blame most of this on the friend and lack of training not the dog. Dog was totally out of control for the first 2 hrs we hunted. Just running around in huge circles and figure eights completely out of range with my friend frantically yelling at his dog and pressing the shock collar. Fairly comical! But this was not unexpected as I have watched his two girls grow up and they were much the same as children.

I should add that the duck hunting/duck retrieving ability would be a nice plus but probably not as important as the quail hunting ability.

I've been a member here for a long time and I always enjoy the discussions on dogs. But this is the first time I have ever been in a position to actually consider getting one so again thanks for the help.

Any further thoughts or comments would be appreciated. My wife and I will sit down this evening and go through the messages.

Thanks,
Ron