June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (LGF, Canvasback13, Mike Harrell, 3 invisible), 277 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,511
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear he is gone. Some of his correspondence is part of my permanent Lindner research file. I never could get John to send me pictures of his Lindner single barrel with safety.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Was he ill or was thus sudden. Best wishes to his family.
T

Sidelock
Sidelock

I feel a great loss, not only myself but also to this board. What a gentleman! Another reminder this life is but a fleeting breeze.....God speed!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bloody shame. A civilized man. Good, generous.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dang. What a shame. I haven't talk to Mr. Mann in a long time, we used to exchange emails quite often and I even bought a few guns from him....I once posted a question on here concerning a single barrel trap gun for my little cousin who wanted to start shooting.....out of nowhere he offered to give her one of his coveted single barrel trap Lindners. This was a special gun, built for a teenage shooter. And when I mean give....I mean all I had to pay was the shipping...John just wanted to make the little girl happy. I even offered to buy the gun from him, but he declined, he didn't want the money, he wanted to bring happiness. I did not take him up on his offer but repeatedly told him what a gracious and giving man he was. I meant every word of it too. Rest in Peace John...God, you got a good one up there, but you probably knew that already.

Dustin

Sidelock
Sidelock

Always the gentleman..... During that April 1st prank of John's I posted this. I think it fitting that I post it again, this time for him.

The Fisherman
W.B. Yeats
From The Wild Swans at Coole.

ALTHOUGH I can see him still,
The freckled man who goes
To a grey place on a hill
In grey Connemara clothes
At dawn to cast his flies,
It’s long since I began
To call up to the eyes
This wise and simple man.
All day I’d looked in the face
What I had hoped ’twould be
To write for my own race
And the reality;
The living men that I hate,
The dead man that I loved,
The craven man in his seat,
The insolent unreproved,
And no knave brought to book
Who has won a drunken cheer,
The witty man and his joke
Aimed at the commonest ear,
The clever man who cries
The catch-cries of the clown,
The beating down of the wise
And great Art beaten down.

Maybe a twelvemonth since
Suddenly I began,
In scorn of this audience,
Imagining a man
And his sun-freckled face,
And grey Connemara cloth,
Climbing up to a place
Where stone is dark under froth,
And the down turn of his wrist
When the flies drop in the stream:
A man who does not exist,
A man who is but a dream;
And cried, ‘Before I am old
I shall have written him one
Poem maybe as cold
And passionate as the dawn.’

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sad news. John's research on Lindners, published in DGJ, helped me significantly when I finally got around to buying one. And he was also more than willing to answer my questions. RIP, John.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will miss him, we shared a few Emails ,,bless him
I;m curious to know if anyone has a pic of John they could post,
I was in Kittery trading post a few years ago and saw a guy who looked like I though John might look like, but I didn't ask his name
Thin, not to tall, longish hair??? I'd love to see a pic
He was a nice bloke
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sad news. John was a good man. I will miss him.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rest in peace John.

tunes

"It's a good day for something"
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.