Originally Posted By: MIKE THE BEAR
Respectfully as well;
My statement still stands. How many people belong to the Vintagers, - Now compare that number to how many people belong to the NSCA.
The math is inescapable. The vast majority of Sporting Clays Shooters shoot over/unders or automatics vs. Vintage Side x Sides.
The math is on the EPIC management's side. They really don't care about the Vintage Side x Side shooters. Otherwise they would have picked a different venue.
Also, excluding Vintage Doubles and Wingshooting Adventures, the vendors you mention have extensive inventories in firearms other than side x sides and I'm sure that they will be on display at EPIC.

Mike, you might want to take a bit closer look at those vendors' inventories. Steve Barnett, for example: in 12ga, he currently lists 80 sxs (not counting twice for pairs) as opposed to 45 OU's (and a few scattered autos, pumps, and SBT's). Of the 45 OU's, 18 are Browning Superposeds (through which Browning--if you visit their website--says "don't shoot steel!") Minus the Brownings and 5 A-10's, that's half his OU inventory. Other choices would include Boss, Famars, Beretta SO's, etc--not exactly the guns that appeal to the vast majority of those NSCA members. G&H does have a lot of new OU's, although their used inventory (like Barnett's) is dominated by sxs. The vast majority of guns in the inventories of the vendors I listed (other than G&H's inventory of new OU's) consists of either fine sxs or very high dollar OU's. An NSCA member looking for an autoloader would hardly make a long trek to GA just to see what those vendors have. Or for that matter, to look at Beretta or Japanese Browning OU's, which are available lots of places--including in the inventories of vendors who will show up at SC shoots much closer to home. On the other hand, with vendors like Kirby Hoyt and Barnett and G&H and Wingshooting Adventures, you'll see more fine guns than you'd ever see at even a very large SC shoot--especially sxs--and in fact more fine guns than you'd see anywhere other than the Vintagers or one of the (still relatively few) large sxs events, or at Vegas. This is not your typical NSCA list of vendors.

Last edited by L. Brown; 07/04/11 09:13 AM.