Very nice effort Jani. I may have created some confusion as usual so let me restate that yes there were 7X75R Vom Hofe Super Express cartridges with Walter Gehmann's name on the headstamp post 1958. But if the 7X75R Vom Hofe SE was available pre-WWII let's see some cases without Walter Gehmann's name on them. The 7X66 Vom Hofe SE was yet another example with a design phase commencing in the late 1930s. This period found Wilhelm Brenneke, Walter Gehmann & Ernst August Vom Hofe all chummy and deep in cartridge development. By the time of the U.S. of A.'s entry into WWII, sporting cartridge development, and possible production, at DWM was terminated while the 3 cartridge amigos fell out of love. Walter Gehmann waited them out with Ernst August Vom Hofe passing this world in 1945 while Wilhelm Brenneke tarried around to 1951. Shorty thereafter, the former DWM employee Walter Gehmann mounted an attempt to acquire the Vom Hofe firm and complete the cartridge development cycle on the 5.6X61 and 61R, 7X66 Vom Hofe, 7X75R Vom Hofe and others I'm sure.

Those in the know have conveyed to me that the Gebrüder Heym tipping weapon of question more than likely began life as a 7X65R and post 1957 was altered to the speedy 7X75R. There appears to be something inherent in the 7X75R Vom Hofe SE design that allowed the change from the 7X65R without compromising the integrity of the chamber. Of course much of this is dependent on the supplied verbiage and not on proofmark images.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse