June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (Der Ami, Southern Sport), 279 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,603
Posts546,896
Members14,426
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#228067 05/09/11 10:22 AM
28 Bore Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I stopped in at the Cabela's store after turkey hunting last week to look for a new Call and see what else they had that I might need/want. I started looking at things and noticed everything I picked up was made in Egypt, China, Pakistan, Macau, VietNam, Salvador, Gautamala, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Bangladesh, Jordan, Honduras, Sri Lanka and Canada....all Cabelas branded things. Finally found a made in the U.S.A. product which was a Primos band; it's no wonder we have lost all the jobs in this country to off shore countries when big chains like Cabelas and Wal Mart have all their products mfg'd off shore. They build traffic with U.S. products and after they have people coming in the stores they switch to off shore manufacturing. It's a typical big business strategy that takes a few years to implement but eventually works. I was appaled and left the store without spending a penny. You're right, no more for me, Cabelas, Wal Mart and others like them are on my "store of last resort" list. I'll pay more for made in the U.S.A. products. Just bought a pair of fencing pliers at Ace Hdwr Saturday and had to pay $6.00 more to get U.S.A. made pliers. Even Ace branded products are made off shore. I encourage all who read this to join in and purchase only U.S.A products and help bring the jobs back home where they belong. Yes, it may cost a few bucks more but it is worth it. I will not be a walking Bill Board for Cabelas promoting off shore products; everything that I picked up that had Cabelas plastered all over it was made off shore. I'm done with Cabelas and Wal Mart and plan to do business with the backbone of America...the small independent business man that sells made in the U.S.A. products. Hope you'll join me.....CBB

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is exactly my feelings also. When I see the evidence in a store, I leave without buying. I stopped going to Walmart some years ago because of the alien produced products.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm old enough to remember that when Wal-Mart started out it was totally "Buy American" with U.S. Flags all over the place. That was, probably, when Sam was still living.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cabela's used to have nothing but quality items in their stores. Back in the early '80's I stopped into their one store and took a look around. Every thing I looked at was of good quality and was the stuff they made their reputation on. Back then I would have no qualms about ordering something sight unseen from the catalog.

Not so today. About 2 years ago I called and spoke to a customer rep and asked that they remove my name and address from any and all mailing lists.She asked why and I said I'd rather spend a bit more to buy a US made product and can not do that anymore in their store.

I got a nice long e-mail from someone extolling the virtues of why they buy off shore. I replied with a thanks but no thanks.

If a fella looks hard and long enough, we can buy quality local goods.

tunes

Last edited by tunes; 05/09/11 11:20 AM.

"It's a good day for something"
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tunes

If a fella looks hard and long enough, we can buy quality local goods.

tunes

I wish folks felt the same about vehicles....as they ride around in their Jap cars-trucks and four wheelers, etc.....

We are masters at sinking our own economy.........

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting issue: trade internationally or isolate/insulate the economy.

The second largest single purchase item most of us make is our vehicle. I have been buying American vehicles with one foray into the Japanese product. But, after being on a forum for GM trucks, I now recognize that much of GM vehicles are produced either with many many parts from offshore or in fact assembled in Canada. I think my current truck came from Canada.

I don't think you can buy a common vehicle today that is made entirely in the U.S..

Sidelock
Sidelock

not to derail the thread, but it might be easier to buy a Honda that is entirely made in the US than a GM vehicle.

I mostly agree with the sentiments. I'll pay more for made in the USA. Depending on what you are looking for, it may be pretty hard to find.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Japs have,the last I knew, a $600 advantage per vehicle in vehicle construction overhead(labor) when compared to US manufacturers. This is a huge advantage and you can thank the UAW and the other unions for it.
The last time I was in a Walmart was in Douglas,AZ which is just across the border from Mexico. While I was in there I didn't hear ONE word of English spoken.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

After watching many American cars prematurely die for one reason or another just a handful of years after purchase, while the Japanese cars continued to run great for many more years, I would be hard pressed to buy an American car.

It is not the American public that ruined the American auto industry, it is the American auto industry that ruined itself.

(insert above the name of any of miriad American industries past their former glory; steel, building materials, clothing, firearms, electronics, household appliances, etc.)

I don't understand why some people are so quick to complain about Americans who spend their hard earned dollars on the best product they can find, while turning a blind eye to the fact that these shrinking American companies are producing inferior products at a higher cost.

What is wrong with expecting any company (American for foreign ) to earn our business?

--shinbone

ben-t
Unregistered
ben-t
Unregistered

I don't know the answer to the problem of free trade, but we sportsman seem to fall for every gimick that comes along, thinking it will get us our game faster and someone always finds a foreign country to make it for us. Having been a believer in good boots for work and hunting, I have been buying them for years and remember when Sears switched from American made to Hungarian made in the 60's. Now a pair of good boots run close to $100. and are mostly made in China. I know the Chinese aren't pocketing most of that money? You can still buy American boots for that price too, you just have to find them!

Oh! My neice bought her first car, a Chevrolet Aveo, (wanted to buy American) She now has half the purchase price in repairs. Seems when the timing belt breaks it bends the valves and ruins the head! No warranty or recall either!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.