Some sources give the * accompanying the Nitro mark was used from 1952 to 1957 but most of the post 1957 CZ doubles show otherwise. Also it may be that the Brno facility was open as early as 1952 and possibly earlier. Folklore had it that it was supposed to have be transitioned to post WWII but I think it was a bit later. As of 2010 a figure of 160k arms per year were proofed at the Czech facility and I think that to include both Brno and Prague. But Gustav Tichy would have imported his wares thru the Prague proof facility. Hopefully in the very near future, maybe even today, indepth conversations with Gustav Tichy's heirs will shed some light on this maker, one of many craftsmen/firearms merchants who remains clouded in a vale of obscurity. For now and for me the sourcing lines are of the utmost interest but we may never know the whole truth. Would be nice if someone penned an article on all the conjecture surrounding the marks so that one could begin to attach a probability to the statement and source, huh??

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse