Correct, the barrel knitter is the one who joins the tube set to the receiver and possibly may have assembled the tubes. Do note that the rifled tube is of Krupp steel while the scattergun tube were Roechling Elektro as pointed out by Axel.

Thanks Axel on the clearing the air on the 8x72 Sauer incorrect nomenclature. Mike Ford has penned an article on the 8x72 in on of the German Gun Collector's publications with the gist being:

"I load 8x72R without 8x72R dies. I size the 9.3x72R in 32-40 Win. file trim die, fireform in the rifle, then load with Lyman 8x57 dies set up above the shellholder enough that only the neck is sized. I remove the expander button, so the neck is not expanded to .323. I set the seater the same way. This procedure works like a charm, except the 9.3x72R case won't go all the way into 32-40 die ( .427vs.422). I have RCBS sizers for 8x60 and 8x60S, but neither sizes the 8x72R enough to hold the bullet ( the case neck is thinner than 8x60 neck. I think RCBS makes the dies for cases made from 30-06. I found the difference between Lyman and RCBS dies interesting." - per Mike Ford

Kind Regards,

Raimey