June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Der Ami, steve f, 1 invisible), 466 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,584
Posts546,736
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have called him and left him a message. hopfully he will get back to me.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

He will. Last time I talked to him I think he had a rabbit hunt with one of his hunting buddies planned for about now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You might also try Keith Kearcher 541-617-9299.
Good luck on the IE, a rare gun, only half a dozen known to exist!

Craig

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Really??? That rare??? I did see some info that said the I grade was rarer than the DS with only around 2500 being made. But was not able to find out the rarety of an I grade with in frame ejectors. Mine is just marked "I" on the water table, but it does have the ejectors in it.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

The I grade was to be sold as a "Branded" gun,a large hardware co could have their name on the gun, like the Tryon Bakers. A no option shotgun. They are all marked just "I", but a few ejectors gun did get built. One of the known guns also has a "Dolls Head" fastener, but still marked I. Lefever is known as a gun of many variations, that is why collecting them is such a challenge.

Craig

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well I did pick up a DS with ejectors for very cheap to maybe use as a parts source for this IE of mine. The DS has a broken stock and shortened barrels. My IE has a bad stock and missing internals. But the barrels are the original 30" length. The stock is no problem since I am a stock maker. But I figured that the IE would be better to bring back since the fact that it is an I alone makes it rarer than the DS. And the shortened barrels on the DS was pretty much the deciding factor in not putting any money or time into that one.
I do not have the DS yet in my hands, so I will see if I can use it for parts to get the IE back together.
I want to keep the shorter DS barrels as a spare set for the IE and then just part out the DS receiver or keep it for spare parts.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Leafing through some H and D Folsom catalogs, they advertised the I Grade with a [G]in the title . Looks like they were saying the I Grade was taking the place of the G Grade.

Craig, I have never seen an I Grade with a Brand name of another on it. What names have you seen ?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My IE has the Lefever Arms marking on it.
Trade name Guns are tricky. There are the big ones like Crescent/HD Folsom, Savage/Stevens, and even Ithaca was making some of the eastern arms marked guns for Sears. But I never heard of Lefever doing it either.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

The only one I have seen was marked "Russell Hardware" on the side plates, but the watertable was marked I. That was over 30 years ago at the Dallas Gun show. Guess who was not smart enough to by it?

Craig

Sidelock
Sidelock

B.Dudley, the I grade was only made in 12 gauge and one frame size,the DS was multi gauges and frame sizes. There were two fame sizes on the DS 12, so some barrels do not exchange. Internal parts should be no problem.

Craig

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.