Have just acquired one of the very first high wall blocks, the one with the cross-pin retainer for the firing pin instead of the later retainer screw. Block is very crisp and unBubbaed, with traces of case color inside. Firing pin is also crisp but of course is the early large-dia one.

The large firing pin diameter is my problem. I personally am not a collector but rather a shooter, and I have no use for such a large-diameter setup and so would ordinarily bush the block for a small-diameter pin. However the bushing alteration would destroy the originality of an increasingly-rare and thus valuable part.

Well, maybe not all THAT valuable, but certainly valuable to someone somewhere (grin).

Since I planned to bush and thus Bubba the block anyway, I'm offering to trade it to some deserving soul here if anyone is interested.

Will swap it straight across for another high wall block in Bubbaed condition, as long as I can make the Bubbaed block usable. I'll hafta do a certain amount of work on my block anyway and I just HATE to see such an uncommonly-crisp original part made UNoriginal. So if you want a nice original early block to restore your antique, here it is.

Also will buy or trade for any wall parts you may have, check your parts boxes!
Regards, Joe

Last edited by J.D.Steele; 12/29/10 11:48 AM.

You can lead a man to logic but you can't make him think. NRA Life since 1976. God bless America!