June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (Lloyd3, SamW, Der Ami, mark, 1 invisible), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,575
Posts546,549
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, shinbone, I've sent him an awful lot of stuff over the years and have always had great service and product. And I'm no one special--he doesn't know me at all. I'm sure these complaints posted here are legitimate but I just can't join in.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

+2. Mr. Orlen has done choke, cone, and hone work on three barrel sets for me and the turnaround time reminded me of Ms. White who fell in love with space flight. They left one day in a relative way and returned the previous nite. Bit hard to ignore Mr. Ken's complaint however, and I doubt if Shotgun and Larry are making this up out of whole cloth.

jack

larryguy
Unregistered
larryguy
Unregistered

I was the original poster about my frustration with Mr. Orlen and a failure to communicate regarding a set of LC Smith Ideal grade barrels he had had for nearly 3 years. I had asked for chamber and choke work and rust blue - and after an intitial early exchange of calls, nothing was ever heard again from him. I therefore reluctantly posted on this Board the particulars of my situation.

I am very pleased to report that within a week of my original post, I received an e mail from Mr. orlen along with a picture of my barrels in the white and prepped for bluing and notice that I would receive them shortly. Today the barrels arrived. The bluing is excellent and the choke and chamber work equally so. I can only conclude that someone on this board, reading my post, sent it to Mr. Orlen - whoever you are Thank You.

All is now well that has ended well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad to hear it, any explanation?

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
larryguy
Unregistered
larryguy
Unregistered

Not really - the e mail with the picture just said 'sorry for the delay'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I finally called Mike last Monday and simply asked for my barrels back.

He sent me a tracking number, and they should be here tomorrow.

The work is done, except for the rust blue part apparently.

Alas.

I've lost all interest in this project and likely will sell the gun.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd say 3 years is a bit of a wait, with no explanation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kinda reminds me of the tailor with a bunch of half- finished suits hanging in his shop...the customer up and died of old age before the tailor ever got around to finishing the suit. All's well that ends well!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, and the guy who sent the suit to the tailor seven years ago calls up to asks about the suit and the tailor says it will be ready Tuesday. We won't be sending anything to Orlen in the near future.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have used him several times for choke opening, forcing cones, stock bending and other work. Had some trouble with an LC Smith that he "bobbed" at my request. (long story but it was a gift from a generous benifactor on the board for my daughter) There was a issue with the rib seperating but I sent it back to him and he fixed it gratus. We want "craftsmen" to work on our guns and we complain when they do not operate like mass producers. I will use him again. JMO.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.