HomelessjOe

I am still searching for information regarding when and who did the restoration. My assumption is the restortation was done in England after 1954 from the Birmingham proof marking on the barrels. The previous owner, who had placed the gun on consignment, told me he had purchased the gun 12 to 15 years ago at a Ruffed Grouse Society fund raiser in Minnesota. He said he used it only one time on a plantation quail hunt in Georgia during his ownership.

Unlike “rabbit ear” hammers the low profile hammers do not allow bridging both to cock at the same time due to the obstruction of the opening lever. Other than that, I rather like the low profile hammers.

It was interesting to discover I had the old 1886 Forest and Stream magazine in my collection that showed an advertisement for W&C Scott hammer guns with a serial number only 238 from this gun. Too bad the copy had to be reduced to post the picture of the magazine cover. It makes much of the small print impossible to read.

Utah Shotgunner

I am certainly glad you have the $50.00 gift certificate and I have the gun.

No one ever said on his death bed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time at the office".