Posts546,340
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

I have two double trigger supers one with a replaced st stock love them both wish they never got rid of the two triggers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The 32 has far more appeal to me. It seems more like a nice double. The superposed seems like a modern gun with no finesse. I dont like the winchester 21 compared to the other classic American doubles(it lacks finesse) and I feel the same towards the Superposed. The one Superposed that I will pursue is the early double/single trigger gun just because of the cool trigger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The 20ga Mod. 21 Skeet gun I looked at last week had plenty of finesse.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, that double/single trigger is pretty cool.

A really nice 32 would get my attention. There are a lot of nice Supers and I already have a 2 bbl 20g anyway.

Both designs are interesting to me, heck I even had a couple 3200s and a K80. But there's also no denying that the Super set the bar for o/u guns pretty high in its day and few have surpassed it by much if any in all around design elegance. Yeah its been massed produced and cheapened and then cheapened again in the later FN guns, Win 101, and then the Citori and finally low quality of the current Citori line, but so has the 32 to some degree in the 3200. But, imitation is a complement... isn't it?

Last edited by Chuck H; 02/23/08 12:42 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've shot a 32 and it was a nice enough gun. A few years back I stood and watched a fellow approach someone with a stone beatuiful 32, offer him an insulting trifle of money, and then walk away with a new gun in hand. I was astonished, I was jealous.

Brownings I don't care for all that much. I've never felt I shot one well. But having said that, sure enough, there's one in the cabinet and it has had a ton of shells through it with nary a hitch. I am sufficiently impressed with its rugged reliability that a few years back I had Stu Wright rebolt it and put in new springs. Ready to go again! My opinion is that the Belgian Brownings are perhaps one of the most undervalued guns in this country.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Remington 32 is a direct copy of the French Damon Petrik. The French gun could be had in specific frame 20, 16, and, of course, 12 gauge, and was more useful because of it than a Remington 32.
Or, a Superposed. There was a 20 guage Petrik for sale here a while back.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've thought a few times that a collection of skeet guns as such would be an interesting collection focus. Obviously some Brownings and some short-barreled 32s would fit very well as would many guns of other action types. I started on this and didn't get far. I assume that Bill Murphy has pursued this and has the guns to definitively illustrate skeet history? I had an early 26" $&$ Super. I wouldn't characterize it as burdened by the weight of the current "heavy lumber" of target shooting. 32s don't exactly fall from trees and lie on the ground. I've had three Supers and no 32s so I'd think seriously about any 32 that popped into view.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, Rabbit is right, I have a collection of competition skeet guns and one of my favorites is a high condition prewar Lightning Superposed in ribless persuasion. It is right on 6 pounds, 8 ounces and is a great gun to swing, in the gun room. My favorite Remmy 32 is an Arnold Griebel engraved and inlaid 30" pigeon gun with barrels that are not matched to the receiver. But it is one beautiful gun, similar to Griebel 32s pictured in early Gun Digests while Arnold was still working. He was truly the best engraver working in this country at the time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I prefer the Super

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember Capt. Askins stating in an article that he has seen more Remington 32's at the trap range that rattled like a cheap watch.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.