Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Phideaux, perhaps the best information contained herein is the recommendation that you get, and read, Brister's book.

Perhaps it is the best information but I won't know that until I actually get Mr. Brister's book now will I?

Rocketman- Your calculations explain much! Thank you! Great data. I suppose it stands to reason that the muzzle wouldn't be moving as quickly if the target, moving at the same speed, were at 50 yards as opposed to 10, correct? That would make the effect even smaller. Interesting. I suppose if I were an engineer or a physicist I'd have known that.

Quote:
Also, you state that, "Ergo, the shot pattern is bent by the swing of the barrel, but only a trivial amount," at 10 yards... how does that trivial amount extrapolate when the pattern spreads from 12 bore to a 30" pattern (aka at 40 yards?) I mean I understand we're talking about fractions of an inch at the muzzle, but at 40 yards, with the pattern expanding how does that cone of growth look?

These would have been my next questions by Wonko and yourself have asked and answered those for me as well. Many thanks. These are the types of things I was hoping to discuss when this thread started. I'm glad we finally got here.

American by birth, Texan by grace of God.